The majority of King’s employees are automatically opted-in as Staff Members of the Foundation Trust. The only staff who are not automatically Members are volunteers and contracted workers such as those employed by Medirest. If you fall into either of these categories, you can still become a Member but you have to nominate yourself – something we encourage you to do.
Like other Member groups, Staff Members:
- get regular information about the Trust through @king's magazine
- can take part in consultation projects and campaigns that affect the Trust, such as the redevelopment of the Emergency Department and refurbishment of Denmark Hill rail station
- are invited to monthly Members' Health Talks as well as community events and the Annual Public Meeting
- can feedback their opinions and suggestions to the Trust and its Directors through Staff Governors
- are eligible to stand for election as Governors and to vote in Governor elections.