Before you start
Congratulations on being offered a job at King’s! There are just a few more steps to complete before you join us.
- Conditional offer of employment: If you accept our job offer, we will send you a conditional offer of employment by email indicating what references and other documents we require for pre-employment checks.
- Pre-employment checks: before you start at King’s we must verify your references. You may need to complete other pre-employment checks; for example, a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check if your job involves contact with vulnerable adults or children. We will give you more information about the references and other documents we need at the conditional offer stage.
- Employment health check: you need to complete an employment health questionnaire before your first day. This will be screened by our Occupational Health team. If necessary, they may ask you to have blood tests or see a nurse or doctor so they can pass you as fit to start at the Trust. We will give you more information about this at the conditional offer stage.
- Start date: we will agree a start date with you when we have verified your references. If you are currently in work, please do not hand in your notice until you have a start date.
- Onboarding website: between accepting your job and your first day at King’s we will give you access to our onboarding website, the Green Room. This gives you loads of valuable information about starting work at the Trust and will help you get to know us better.
- Contract: you will receive a copy of your employment contract and details of your induction by email in advance of your start date and sign your contract of employment with us on your first day at the Trust.