Selection and interviews
The initial selection and interview decisions are made by the individual department recruiting managers at King’s.
- Making the grade: the recruiting manager will draw up a shortlist of candidates to invite for interview after online applications have closed. They will choose the applicants that most closely meet the criteria for the job.
- Successful candidates: if you are shortlisted for a vacancy we will send you an invitation to interview notification. This invitation will include details of the interviewers and any additional tests that form part of the selection process, as well as when and where to come for your interview. If you have applied for a nursing and midwifery, HCA or CSW post, we will invite you to an assessment centre instead of a standard interview.
- Unsuccessful candidates: if you are unsuccessful at this stage, we will inform you by email via your NHS jobs account.
- Prepare for your interview: make sure you are as prepared as possible and clear why you are right for the job. Read our tips for a successful interview.
- At the interview: you will usually be interviewed by a panel of two or more interviewers. We may ask you to do some tests, but we will inform you about these when we invite you for interview.
- Notification of success: the recruiting manager will tell you at your interview how and when you will be notified if you are successful.
- If you are unsuccessful: we will inform you by email via your NHS jobs account.