Critical care in maternity course
An opportunity to learn from experts about the management of complex and high risk maternity cases. This training is open to the following roles: obstetric and intensive care consultants or trainees, anaesthetists, midwives and SAS doctors.
The training will cover the following learning outcomes:
1. Understand complex medical and surgical situations in maternity care and their management in high dependency or intensive care unit (ITU) settings.
2. Increase the level of understanding for obstetric and midwifery staff in managing complex cases.
3. Understand how multidisciplinary teams work alongside different specialties and ITU colleagues.
4. Understand the principles of ITU care.
5. Receive an update on care of the critically ill woman in childbirth; enhanced maternal care 2018.
6. Overview of NICE guidelines 2019, including intrapartum care for women with existing medical conditions or obstetric complications.
Date: Thursday 5 December 2019
Duration/time: Full-day, 9am-5pm
Venue: Fetal Medicine Research Centre, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill
Fees: Midwife rate £80; Medical rate £100
Course enquiries: email Freshta Watkin on email@example.com to book or for any enquiries.