The Trust considers all applications for work experience. But because of the high demand for placements, in certain circumstances we have to give priority to applicants who either live or attend an educational institute in the London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark.
Another option is volunteering at King’s and helping to provide valuable support to patients and staff. This involves non-clinical care and other tasks, and is another way of getting an idea of what it is like to work in the health and social care sector.
For work experience placements, please consider which of the following options most closely fits your needs and follow the instructions on how to express an interest. We will not be able to consider applications where you do not fit the criteria or do not follow the correct procedure for expressing an interest.
To apply for a clinical placement you must be:
- in or about to start your first year of 'A' level or equivalent educational qualifications required for university entrance
- planning to pursue a career in medicine or another professional healthcare occupation, for example, nursing, midwifery or allied health professional training such as physiotherapy.
To express an interest, email Dr Angela Grainger, Assistant Director of nursing, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about these placements, please contact her on 020 3299 1695.
We offer a number of placements in a range of the Trust’s support areas. These are:
- suitable for students who are studying business, medical secretarial skills or similar subjects
- available in IT, Human Resources and the administrative teams that support clinical services.
To express an interest, email kch-tr.HrGeneralEnquiries@nhs.net , indicating your area of interest.
Please note: these placements will not be available in June.
We support local schools in Southwark and Lambeth by providing up to 20 placements for year 10 work experience in June. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to support applications from schools outside these boroughs.
We do not take applications directly from individual year 10 students, so to express an interest, ask your school to email kch-tr.HrGeneralEnquiries@nhs.net
Note: we do not offer year 10 students any clinical placement work experience.
Please submit all expressions of interest by email, either to Dr Angela Grainger or Jemma Harris, as specified in each placement option. We will not accept hard copies because of the huge number of requests we receive.
Each expression of interest must include the following information:
- your name, address, telephone number and email address
- the dates you can and cannot undertake the placement
- why you want a placement at King’s
- your future career plans
- your preferred area of work.