The Trust considers all applications for work experience. Due to high demand, we sometimes have to give priority to applicants who either live or attend an educational institute in the London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark.
Another option is volunteering at King’s to help provide valuable support to patients and staff. This involves non-clinical care and other tasks, and is another way of getting an idea of what working in the health sector is like.
Please consider which of the following work experience options best meets your needs and follow the instructions. We will not be able to consider applications where you do not fit the criteria or do not follow the correct procedure for expressing an interest.
Clinical placements to support a healthcare course
To apply for a clinical placement you must be:
- in or about to start your first year of 'A' level or equivalent educational qualifications required for university entrance
- planning to pursue a career in medicine or another professional healthcare occupation, for example, nursing, midwifery or allied health professional training such as physiotherapy.
To express an interest, email Dr Angela Grainger, Assistant Director of Nursing, on email@example.com. See the section below called 'What to include in an expression of interest' for full details.
If you have any questions about these placements, please contact her on 020 3299 1695.
Non-clinical placements to develop office and administrative skills
We offer a number of placements in a range of the Trust’s support areas. These are:
- suitable for students who are studying business, medical secretarial skills or similar subjects
- available in IT, Human Resources and the administrative teams that support clinical services.
To express an interest, email kch-tr.HrGeneralEnquiries@nhs.net, indicating your area of interest. See the section below called 'What to include in an expression of interest' for full details.
Please note: these placements will not be available in June.
Year 10 school work experience
We support local schools in Southwark and Lambeth by providing up to 20 placements for year 10 work experience in June. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to support applications from schools outside these boroughs.
We do not take applications directly from individual year 10 students, so to express an interest, ask your school to email kch-tr.HrGeneralEnquiries@nhs.net. See the section below called 'What to include in an expression of interest' for full details.
Note: we do not offer year 10 students any clinical placement work experience.
What to include in an expression of interest
- your name, address, telephone number and email address
- the dates you can and cannot undertake the placement
- why you want a placement at King’s
- your future career plans
- your preferred area of work.
We do not accept hard copies because of the huge number of requests we receive.